- This season is really start to boil my Rice-A-Roni. Is this some sort of punishment for the glee of the SEC Championship last year? Because I thought the Sugar Bowl made up for that. Regardless - we still can salvage the season this weekend in Jax...but you all know that. As for the game itself - Stafford made some questionable decisions but did we expect anything else from the freshman? But overall he made some key throws in big moments and we all breathed a sigh of relief on the Tripp Chandler TD as there are signs that the lock on the playbook is starting to be picked. So it's on the World's Largest Outdoor Pre-Halloween Georgia-Florida Football Based Type Event.
- As I did last week - let's take a look-see at where the experts have us going come bowl season....
- Ivan Maisel - ESPN.com - Peach Bowl vs. Boston College (12/30)
- Mark Schlahbach - ESPN.com - Music City Bowl vs. Wake Forest (12/29)
- collegefooballnews.com - Liberty Bowl vs. Tulsa (12/30)
- cbssportsline.com - Liberty Bowl vs. Tulsa (12/30)
So what does all this tell us? Absolutely nothing but Josh's dreams of a repeat performance in Tunica are certainly not dashed yet.
-We saw The Prestige and I saw Flags of our Fathers - I had not been in a theater in a little too long - anyway - for those who are interested in seeing The Prestige I won't talk about it and give it all away - except to say "don't see it - wait for DVD if you have to see it"...as for Flags I thought it was full of some incredible battlefield visuals, great sound, pretty powerful scenes but I felt it suffered the same fate as other war movies such as The Thin Red Line - there were a ton of white, buzz-cut soldiers running around and aside from the three characters the movie really dwells on it was hard to keep them straight. Someone would be shot, face covered in blood, then Ryan Phillippe would scream "NO...NOT FRANKIE!! Why...why...why Frankie?" and I was still wondering two hours later whether Frankie was Barry Pepper or Paul Walker or one of those other three guys that looked exactly like Barry Pepper or Paul Walker. But overall -well made and if you are pumped about seeing it I say go for it. If you could take it or leave it, wait till DVD.