- 4 turnovers - All of Stafford's picks were horrendous errors
- 3 missed kicks - I will forgive one of the missed field goals - but a second missed XP point means its time for someone, ANYONE to have a shot (Gordon Ely-Kelso? HE*L let JTIII kick)
- Lumpkin 10 carries 80+ yards in the first half, 3 carries the entire second half
- The Willie Martinez "Bend and Break" defense
At this point I would be ecstatic to finish this season with one more win and a trip to any bowl not in Boise. I sincerely think we can beat Tech. As for Auburn...I'll just say - you never know. What do these kids have to lose?
- If the worst case scenario occurs and we finish 6-6 - Richt is going to have to make the tough decision and pull the trigger on a major staff shake-up. I'm talking about Martinez, Eason...someone...but the porous defense dating back to Auburn and the dropped balls (which admittedly were down today) have to stop and new blood might help that along.
- I hope and pray that Stafford's nightmarish first season doesn't ruin him for his career. We were warned by old coaches and "experts" before the year that playing a true freshman only causes trouble - and as I watch Stafford as the season progresses...12 picks, losses piling up...I fear that his confidence may be sinking. I can only trust Richt, the QB guru, will keep him level headed and maybe, just maybe....Stafford gets his defining moment in the next two games.